Tuesday, November 5, 2013

21 Ways to Get Your Holiday Romancin' On


I have a confession. I am absolutely obsessed with Christmas. I keep track ALL year long how many days it is until the blessed holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving too, but I view it as more of a precursor to the best holiday ever. I make detailed schedules for the Holidays so that I can make the most of my weeks off from school with my family. My heart rate goes up when I go in a store and they have Christmas decorations on display. I start to shake with excitement at the sound of Christmas bells. It's like an out of body experience for me. You may ask where I'm going with this and I will tell you. This year, I am essentially in charge of Christmas. From the December 11-23, my parents and sister will be out of town and I will not be in class which leaves me to do the bulk of the cooking, baking, decorating, and overall bringing of the Christmas cheer into my parents' house for my family's impending arrival. Husband tends to work until 6 everyday which will leave me with LOTS of time to complete all of the preparations and while that will be somewhat stressful, I want to ensure that Husband and I get plenty of opportunities to celebrate our first Christmas as a married couple. After all, we all know that winter is one of the most romantic seasons. So here is our (my) list of Holiday Dates for 2013. Feel free to steal any of these to do with your sweetheart :)

1. Decorate Christmas tree. Ours is teeny. But we have some ornaments we received as gifts/one we bought on our Honeymoon so we really want to display them.
2. Drink hot cocoa from Starbucks. Starbucks hot cocoa is just far superior. Plus the kid's size is like $1 which is awesome.
3. Go ice skating. And by go ice skating I mean I go ice skating and Husband watches. He had some concussions as a kid from skating so I think he's a bit weary of lacing up the skates again.
4. Wear awesome winter clothing i.e. sweaters, boots, scarves, hats, mittens, LEG WARMERS, etc. Husband probably won't participate as much in this one either.
5. Have a gingerbread decorating contest. We will win.
6. Kiss under mistletoe. I used to have some, I think my parents took it though so I'll have to root around for that.
7. Sing Christmas carols, mainly Mariah Carey's classic "All I Want for Christmas Is You".
8. Hang stockings that we don't have somewhere in our apartment.
9. Buy stockings.
10. Bake yummy treats and deliver to friends.
11. Keep some of yummy treats to ourselves and eat them.
12. Go see Christmas light shows.
13. Walk in downtown area and take in the Christmas splendor.
14. Go Christmas shopping and spoil Husband.
15. Snuggle.
16. Watch every Christmas movie known to man. Twice.
17. Attend Christmas party.
18. Do Christmas crafts.
19. Make our first official Christmas card!!!
20. Wear ugly Christmas sweaters.
21. Go on a sleigh ride! This one will be hard to pull off, but if I'm able to make it happen, you best believe that I will be Instagramming that up.

What I Should Be Doing: Probably this.
Craving: Christmas tree sugar cookies
Happy Because: I got A's on all the tests/papers I took/wrote in the last two weeks
Days Until Christmas: 49




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...