Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Spring Trends

I'm convinced that Spring will eventually make its way to Indiana. Someday. But in the meantime while I've been waiting for that to happen, I've scouted out all the new trends that are sure to be big this season.

 DRAPEY PANTS

I recently bought a pair from Old Navy (the pink paisley ones) and they are sooo comfortable! I will admit though, I haven't been able to really wear them yet because shockingly enough, they don't look great tucked into rain boots. And since that is literally the only footwear I've been rocking since December, I'm ready for a change. Old Navy has a variety of different colors but I've also seen similar pairs at J. Crew, Target, & Gap. Definitely look for ones that are cinched at the end, they'll be much more flattering than wide-leg ones.










FLORAL PRINTS


Floral prints are (quite literally) everywhere this season! I love that they can easily be dressed up for a night out or down for just a day on campus (my life). Look for big floral prints for items like dresses and pants but smaller prints for smaller pieces such as shoes and hats. Tops can go either way. This sweater from J. Crew is certain to look great however you style it.










NAUTICAL


Channel your inner coastal style this season and easily transition your wardrobe into summer as well! Go for actual nautical graphics such as boats and anchors but also keep in mind that colors such as navy, cream, & coral will also give off a nautical-feel. And of course, don't forget your Sperry's and chino shorts! Old Navy has many of these items as does Red Dress Boutique.










BASEBALL STYLE

I am aaaalllllll for this trend because it is just so comfortable! From the tees like this one from Gap, to the bomber jackets, and hats, you won't have to look far to find pieces for this trend. And the best part? They can totally be feminized with a floral statement necklace or bright lip and look absolutely stunning.


















UTILITY JACKETS

A utility jacket is an absolute must for any wardrobe. This one from Forever 21 is perfect for those cool Spring days and will even keep you dry during the occasional rainy day with its handy hood. I would definitely suggest purchasing one as well as a jean jacket. For a utility jacket, look for one that hits at the hips and for jean jackets, one that is cropped at the waist tends to be the most flattering for all body types since it draws attention to the smallest part of you.


















PASTEL JEWELRY

These are definitely my obsession at the moment. I love pastels because they pair so easily with chambray and stand out brilliantly against even a plain black top. Obviously, J. Crew or J. Crew Factory are going to have some of the prettiest ones, but knockoffs can be found at Purple Peridot online.












Most of these trends can be found at Old Navy, Forever 21, Gap, J. Crew, H&M, and Banana Republic. If you need help searching for a specific item that you can picture in your head but can't seem to find in real life (which happens to me on the daily), shoot me an email and I'll be happy to try and find what you're looking for!

What Spring trends will you be rocking in the coming weeks? 

Excited That: Spring Break is almost here!
Turns Out: My week is a lot busier than I thought it would be...which is stressful.
Snacking On: Luna bars. They are amazing. I have to hide them from Husband because neither of us have self-control when it comes to snacks. 
Random Fact About Me: I can't sleep unless my ears are covered. No matter the season. 
Days Until Christmas: 294

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...