Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Tire Slashings and Eggs

As I alluded to yesterday, the front left tire of Husband's car was slashed Easter Eve. Which made for an exciting Easter Sunday morning surprise. Turns out, we were not the only ones. On our block, we spotted two other cars with slashed tires and we read in the newspaper today that over 20 cars were vandalized that night. Things like this just don't happen where we live so we're all super confused. All things considered, we are grateful that they didn't key the car or do something else with more permanent damage. But it was still sad.

Thankfully, the rest of the day made up for our crummy morning. We enjoyed a beautiful church service then ate yummy cheese & crackers for an afternoon snack with my parents. Later in the evening, we ate super yummy (and 100% not healthy) mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, rolls, ham, and deviled eggs (one of my favorite things).

After dinner, Husband presented me with this:


Kinda sketchy-looking but I went with it. 

This was an exciting moment because I had no idea Husband had gotten me a little something for Easter and I like surprises. Husband then told me to not get too excited. I opened the bag and discovered this: 


I will be the most popular person with the neighborhood kids thanks to this bad boy. 
Later in the evening, we went for a walk, relaxed on the patio, and ate yummy yummy key lime pie for dessert. It made for a lovely and relaxing day.


And finally, we took our Easter portrait. 

Any of your property vandalized this Easter? 

Excited That: School is almost over for summer! I am so over homework. 
Should Be: Packing for my trip tomorrow... 
Watching: House Hunters: Where Are They Now?
Days Until Christmas: 246

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...