Thursday, December 11, 2014

Winterizing Dresses






Shop the Look
Dress: Asos (sold out) // Tights: Target (recent) // Socks: American Eagle (old) // Booties: Target (old, identical above) // Necklace: Le Boutique Shop (c/o) // Satchel: Target

I don't know about you, but it makes me so sad to put away summer dresses once it turns cold out and not wear them again until the spring thaw. So I don't. Instead, I do my best to find ways to "winterize" my dresses so I can wear them year round. Of course this cannot be done for alllllllll dresses, but it can be done for a lot. For this particular dress, I decided to pair it with some opaque red tights (very festive), some fair isle socks (they are seriously the best. I wear them with everything), and my favorite faux suede booties (which are getting many, many miles this season) and BOOM. Winterized. Granted, it helps that this dress is made of a sweater-y material and has long sleeves, but you get the idea.

How do you like to winterize your favorite warm-weather pieces? 

Excited That: Classes are ALMOST done!
But That Means: Finals start next week. Ew.
Listening To: CHRISTMAS MUSIC YES.
Should Be: Studying bugs.
About To: Order some Christmas presents yay!
Days Until Christmas: 14 ohmygosh it's 2 weeks away!


1 comment :

  1. I've been doing the same thing with a few of my white dresses. They're comfortable and the fit is great so why put them away if they're not too thin?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...