Saturday, August 6, 2016

Gingham & 20 Week Bumpdate!










Shop the Look



Dress: J. Crew // Necklace: J. Crew // Purse: Rebecca Minkoff // Shoes: Old Navy 

I stalked this dress religiously as soon as it came out a month or so ago. It went in and out of stock numerous times so when I saw that they randomly had one left in my size, I snatched it without thinking twice and I'm so glad I did! The quality is great. It's a nice cotton fabric and the bottom half of the dress is even fully lined (a rarity these days). I love that it requires minimal styling and is nice and flowy for these muggy summer days. I've worn it to a few outdoor festivals/parties with friends and I'm planning on wearing it when I go to NYC. Sadly, it is still out of stock. BUT, I've linked several similar ones above. You can never have too much gingham :)

UPDATE: Dress restocked here!

Side note: We took these photos outside my parents' house while we were pet-sitting and of course, Bingley wanted to join us. He's such a good little model. I think he has a real future in it.

And now for the 20 week bumpdate! I seriously can't believe I'm already halfway through this pregnancy! (These photos were technically taken around 18 weeks but it's close enough.) In some ways, it feels like I've been pregnant forever but in others, I feel like it's absolutely flying by. Here's what life has been like recently for me.

Cravings: Nothing super specific, but my sweet tooth is pretty strong these days. I've been eating a LOT of peanut butter M&Ms. And fruit.

Food Aversions: These have mostly subsided, thank goodness. The first few weeks I knew I was pregnant, everything sounded disgusting. Now I want all the food.

Nausea: Thankfully still hardly any of this. The worst sensation I feel is in the evenings when my stomach just feels super full, even if I've hardly eaten anything. This is also when I burp/hiccup a lot and it's really uncomfortable.

Pain: Looooots of pain and cramping in my stomach. It's hard to explain how it feels, but it's not a pleasant feeling haha and I'm sure I'll only experience this more in the coming months.

Exhaustion: I'm always tired, but I'm not taking a nap every day like I used to so that's good. Just some days :)

Moodiness: I cry at lots of stuff. The Olympics. An episode of Gilmore Girls. Baby commercials. But I feel like I cried at that sort of stuff before I was pregnant too soooooo not sure things are much different.

Maternity Clothes: I bought a few pieces a couple of months ago thinking I'd need them by now but so far I haven't? My belly isn't quite cute and round yet. It's more lumpy and uneven haha oh well.

Kicks/Punches: Feeling these a fair amount, he's definitely getting bigger and stronger! I feel them the most at night and in the morning. Whenever we're lying in bed and I can feel him moving around, I always grab Chris's hand and put it on my stomach so he can feel him, but thus far he's only been able to definitively feel the baby a handful of times.

Nursery: We've started clearing out our office room to make room for the baby. It's a big job, but we're making progress! We have a small pile of baby stuff in that room of things we've accumulated the last few weeks (books, clothes, blankets, etc.) and it always makes me happy to see it :) Pretty soon we'll start making some of the bigger purchases, but we need to do a lot more research first regarding what we want and how much we're willing to spend. People weren't exaggerating when they said babies are crazy expensive!

Next Appointment: Our next ultrasound is in about two weeks and that's when they'll do the whole anatomy scan and adjust our due date according to his size. I can't wait to see him again!

Just: Went to a little town about 20 minutes away for some Mexican food. IT WAS AMAZING.
Wishing: It could always be the weekend.
Feeling: Productive. I cleaned our house today! Well, most of it.
Days Until Christmas/Baby: 141


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...