Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Baby Shower Dress!








Shop the Look



Dress: Asos (On sale! Get the exact one here) // Necklace: Kendra Scott (Exact one here) // Purse: Coach (Similar here and here) // Flats: Gap (Get this year's version here, on sale!)

In all honesty, I probably didn't neeeeeed another maternity dress from Asos. But that obviously didn't stop me from getting one anyway. I was really excited about my upcoming baby shower and wanted something new and pretty to wear without being too fancy (my shower was overall fairly casual). I wanted it to be blue for obvious reasons, re-wearable, and under $50. Maxi length was also high on my list of must-haves since it was November and rather cold and I REALLY did not want to deal with tights. After some searching, I came across this one and was so happy with how it turned out! Comfy, could be dressed up or down, can be worn post-pregnancy for nursing, and very affordable. It was perfect, just like my shower!

I feel blessed to have so many wonderful friends who took the time and effort to put on (in my own biased opinion) the best shower ever and make it memorable and fun. I had friends travel near and far for it and put in SO much effort for the food and decorations. I cannot thank you ladies enough! And everyone was far too generous with their gifts. Baby boy will definitely be well-outfitted. I should also note that my two offices held showers for me at work as well, which was so kind of my coworkers to do. They were really fun and I very much enjoyed them! I'm incredibly lucky to work with such wonderful people who are just as excited as I am about the baby. I have felt really spoiled by everything my friends and family have done for me this pregnancy.

My first shower was held at our local art museum, where my mom volunteers. It was the perfect venue because it was nice and roomy and the walls had tons of gorgeous art already on them so we only had to worry about decorating tables. My friend Sarah did most of the planning/coordinating and she did an AMAZING job. We came up with a mother/child art theme to go along with the venue so she and my mom ordered lots of Mary Cassat calendars with prints of her art that totally went with the theme and made for easy table decorations. My mom's friend loaned us her collection of mother/child postcards that she has collected from all over the world and those made for great mounted displays as well. And my friend Jenna designed and printed a gorgeous canvas that we put on an easel for the shower and that will hang in our nursery (see photo below). I love it (and her!) so much!


Gift table and custom canvas!



Mother/Child art postcard display.


Jenna & me. Ignore my awkward face.


Pretty Mary Cassat prints.


Delicious favors. I ate way too many of these. 

My friend Laurissa coordinated all of the food (so much work, but so so yummy) and even included little easels to say what kinds of quiche and bread we had! Too adorable. Our good family friends have been decorating pretty much every birthday cake I have ever had so they were kind enough to do my shower cake even though they couldn't be there. I love the frame detailing on it! And of course it was delicious.


Laurissa & Sarah!


Scrumptious cake. 


Yummy foods and the easels!

We didn't have any formal games, but rather activities. Party attendees could color pages for an alphabet book and there was a children's book quiz they could fill out as well. It made for a nice atmosphere that allowed everyone to visit, chat, and have fun without being forced to participate in any games.


Book quiz!


Coloring pages!

All of the photos from my shower were taken by my friend Jenna! I was so glad she came all the way up from St. Louis for lots of reasons, one being because she offered to take photos of the shower with her nice camera. It was great to have a friend there who could take photos so I didn't have to worry about trying to take subpar pics of everything on my phone. She did a fabulous job capturing all of the gorgeous decor, food, and friends.

Thank you again to all my wonderful family, friends, and co-workers for making me feel so loved! You are amazing people and I feel so blessed to know you all.

Watching: Some football documentary with the hubs.
Feeling: A little overwhelmed with all there is to do with le baby.
Wanting: A cookie or four.
Days Until Christmas/Baby: 11!!!!


1 comment :

  1. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up.
    Cocktail Dresses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...