Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Travels with Hunky: Tranquilo Mat

As many of you know, we took Henrik on two trips in two weeks when he was a little over 4 months old. I've gotten a lot of questions about how we prepared for our trips, how they went, what worked/didn't, etc. so I've decided to do a series called "Travels with Hunky" where I will talk about different products that helped us on our trips. I'll also do a general post in a few weeks where I'll discuss our overall strategy and organization for the trips (fully recognizing that I am NOT a baby travel expert haha but I'm more than happy to share what worked for us to help other mamas out there!).

First up! The Tranquilo Mat! I first saw this product featured on Shark Tank and was instantly intrigued. Portable, effective, soothing, what more could you want in a baby product? They offered to send me one for free to try and I was SO pleased with it!

To start, we used it at home a few times to get Henrik familiar with it. We would put it on his play pad and let him lay on it while he batted at his toys. We also put it in his bassinet and had him nap on it (the vibrations and noise it made was very soothing). Right away we could tell he really liked it and kept him from being fussy.


Using it at home on his play pad. 

Then came our trips! It rolls up nicely so it was easy to pack in my suitcase (would definitely fit rolled up in a diaper bag) and didn't take up much room at all (VERY important when packing for an extra person!).

While in Florida and NYC, we used it in our hotel rooms and at my grandparents' house to give Henrik a sense of familiarity and distract him when he was upset. The vibrations would instantly calm Henrik down and keep him happy in his new environments. Whenever we kicked up the vibration mode he would giggle and it was adorable. We also put it in his pack and play during naps and used the 60-minute shut-off function (super handy). The slight motion and sound definitely helped him fall asleep in his unfamiliar settings.


Happily playing on it at my grandparents' house!

The mat is sooooooo easy to use (just two buttons) and has long-lasting battery power (we accidentally left it on all night in our family room and we still haven't had to change the batteries). Like I mentioned earlier, it's super easy to pack up and take with you, making it ideal for travel. We will definitely be taking the Tranquilo mat on our future vacations! We continue to use it at home too on his play pad. He loves the motion and sound so much! This product is definitely a win. I'd recommend it, especially if you will be doing a lot of travel when your baby is young. It's a great way to give your baby a sense of comfort and familiarity when not at home.

If you have any questions about the Tranquilo Mat, please let me know! I'd be happy to answer them :) You can learn more about this amazing product on their website here and purchase either size here!


Hunky loves his Tranquilo Mat and so do we!

This post was brought to you by Tranquilo. All opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...